How to get to Bonaire?
Even though Bonaire is so close to Venezuela and Curacao, it is not accessible by ferry nor by boat, so your only way of getting to the island is via air. Bonaire has one airport called the International Flamingo Airport.
Below you can find all the airlines that fly directly to Flamingo Airport in Kralendijk, Bonaire.
- American Airlines → Miami, USA – Currently flights starting from $796
- TUI → Amsterdam, NL – Currently flights starting from $534
- KLM → Amsterdam, NL – Currently flights starting from $531
- United Airlines → Newark and Houston, USA
- Delta Airlines → Atlanta, USA
- Sunwing Airlines → Toronto, CA
- Aruba Airlines → Oranjestad, Aruba
- Divi Divi Air → Willemstad, Curacao
Other recommendations on how to reach Bonaire are to fly to other ABC islands – Aruba or Curacao – and take a connecting flight with Divi Divi Air. The airline flies several times a day, every day. Sometimes its cheaper to book a flight on the bigger airport of Curacao and buy a single return ticket from Curacao to Bonaire. This airline operates small airplanes and a flight from Curacao to Bonaire is only 25 minutes.
Also be aware if you book separate flight, you have to pay twice the luggage per airline!
COVID-19 & Bonaire
Currently all travel to Bonaire is allowed but with certain precautions. To travel to Bonaire you need to be able to show a negative PCR test, taken witin 72 hours before you arrival. You also need to fill in a health form which you can acces HERE.